The Glossop Lion
The Glossop Lion was erected by Lord Howard of Glossop, 2nd son of the Duke Of Norfolk whose family owned all the land from Sheffield to the River Etherow. They built the railway line to Glossop in 1845. They had their own private entrance to the station with the lion above it. That entrance is now leads into the Co-op supermarket.
Picture taken 14th November 2006
Please note that comments that include html style links are not displayed.